Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sticks and Stones May Break Some Bones...

Tactical Ax Tactical Hawk Handle Wrap Tutorial!
© 2010 Albert A Rasch and
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles™
$g&m f9bd 45kd q!?5.

But A Damned Axe will Lop your Head Off!

Albert A Rasch, Afghanistan

I carry a baton..

And No! I am NOT a cheerleader.

The baton has the distinction of being one of those things that compels obedience in an immediate and satisfying fashion. Now I think batons are great, and I customized mine with a french half hitch in order to give me plenty of grip and lessen the chance of it being wrested from my hand.

I find it to be very useful in getting my point across and I have found that everyone suddenly understands exactly what I want, when it starts waving around.


Boring Baton
See, nice handle wrap, but boring stick...



But... a friend carries something way cooler:

The Johnny Bad Ass Hatchet,
made by I don't know who, and I've been looking!

But look at the boring wrap on the handle; I felt it need a little something!
Something that said Chronicles' Project all over it!
Something that said, "Rasch was here!"


Turks Head
A few yards of 550 cord,
A couple of twists and some over and under...

We end up with a little Turks Head on the end of the haft.


Then we add some half hitching ala French style.


You need to snug them up and make 'em tight!
Notice the SOG.

Much better!



Until we meet again, Good Hunting, and Great Fishing!

Best Regards,
Albert A Rasch
Member: Shindand Tent Club
Member: Hunting Sportsmen of the United States HSUS (Let 'em sue me.)
The Hunt Continues...


The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles, Albert A Rasch, Hunting in Florida


Albert Rasch,HunterThough he spends most of his time writing and keeping the world safe for democracy, Albert was actually a student of biology. Really. But after a stint as a lab tech performing repetitious and mind-numbing processes that a trained capuchin monkey could do better, he never returned to the field. Rather he became a bartender. As he once said, "Hell, I was feeding mice all sorts of concoctions. At the club I did the same thing; except I got paid a lot better, and the rats where bigger." He has followed the science of QDM for many years, and fancies himself an aficionado. If you have any questions, or just want to get more information, reach him via TheRaschOutdoorChronicles(at)MSN(dot)com.

10 comments:

hodgeman said...

A solid thumping means the same thing in every language...

Waving a big stick with a malcontent gleam in your eye has worked for ages..

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

That wrap reminds me
Did you take your Randle with you of leave 'precious' at home?

SBW

Albert A Rasch said...

SBW,

You got me there. I left the Randall home, the risk of losing it to airport personnel, customs, inspectors, and nefarious elements is too great. I carry a SOG Seal Pup that was given to me... and there's a Boker in my harness... and the Cold Steel Urban Pal on the other side... plus the ...

Best regards,
Albert
AGI AR15 Armorers Course Review
The Range Reviews: AGI Armorer's Course 1911 Auto

Albert A Rasch said...

Hodge,

It's like Sgt Zebulon Gant said on the Last Samurai, "When you understand the language, sir, everything falls into place."

It really is true.

Best regards,
Albert “Afghanus” Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles™
The Best Turkey Hunting Tips!

Johnny Storme said...

That's bad and will cut to the bone! Love your Blog! I’ll be checkin out your archives! I specialize in “Best Of” posts, and your blog will be added to one of my posts.

Rock on Dude!
http://stbest.blogspot.com/
Best Android Apps

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Thought so
As momma said 'never leave the house with anything you'd cry over if you came back without it'

I know you'd never chop it in, but have you seen the price of those things these days?

SBW

Albert A Rasch said...

SBW,

I suppose now that you mention it I can go look it up. I bet it's way up there.

I'll stick to tryng to pick up a Stanley #45 plough plane for less than $50...

I'll let you know how that works out.

Hey Johnny, thanks for the shout out Let me know when you post somehing!

Best Regards,
Albert Rasch In Afghanistan™

murphyfish said...

Ah Albert, the soft tones of the big stick, something that we all understand. Nice work on the axe shaft by the way.
Regards,
John

Anonymous said...

I want one!

Just letting you know I gave you an award.

http://whitetailwoods.blogspot.com/2011/02/whitetail-woods-receives-stylish.html

Michael Spinelli said...

Tis quite a thing when making yourself understood requires nothing more than the proper intonation!

Cheers,
Mike S
Outdoor Travels and Adventures!