Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dennis Carroll on: Outfitters, Hunters, and Guides

.

Selecting an Outfitter Part II
Outfitters, Hunters and Guides

Dennis Carroll follows up Selecting an Outfitter Part I, with Part II, Outfitters Hunters, and Guides.

After you have chosen what kind of elk or big game hunt you want, that is whether you wanted outfitted and guided or you're going solo,and you have narrowed down your selection of possible outfitters and guides, you have to take into account the personal dimension of the guide-hunter relationship.

Dennis wades through this area and helps us navigate what could make or break a hunting experience. With over 40 years of experience Dennis can really give it to you straight and with good authority.

Again, it is a great follow up and well worth the time to read and digest!

Part II: Outfitters Hunters, and Guides.

Dennis has also created a Montana Elk Hunting FAQ, to which he is adding each installment of this series. The FAQ is probably the best place to start and a great point to regularly check back on as it grows.

Image Credit: Dennis Carroll
Montana Elk Hunting with Dennis Carroll, Outfitter and Elk Guide








Regards,
Albert
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles.
The Range Reviews: Tactical.
Proud Member of Outdoor Bloggers Summit.

5 comments:

me said...

Albert,
Thank you kindly for all the great words and the time you devoted to a post filled with links to my most recent posts.
I sometimes wish that blogging were around when I was outfitting. It gives a person a venue to show their person, ethic and fellowship with hunters--something that can't be shown over the phone in 20 minutes or at a sports show booth in a half hour.
Again, I thank you for your words and time.

Albert A Rasch said...

Dennis,

I was think the same thing while I was reading your posts and writing mine. Though you can pretty much gussy up a few pictures and publish a nice brochure, a blog, e-mail, and website are a lot more telling.

Do you still guide? I'm not sure if I read that or not.

Albert

me said...

Haven't guided since I sold the outfit. Went to college. As you can tell from the dates of the photos and stories I didn't spend much, if any, time in high school. But got a 3.88 in journalism and geography of central and southwest asia, with five semesters of Persian language, one semester at Tbilisi Institute of Asia and Africa in Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.

Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

The pirogue has been successfully completed? I refer to the new header picture on your blog.

Albert A Rasch said...

Yes it has!

I got a little excited and put it up as the banner. I have the newest post to add tomorrow morning, and then a follow-up with pictures of the initial launching.

Albert