Sunday, July 19, 2009

America's Future!

.
My Son the Soldier

First moments of liberty!

You will have to forgive an old soldier a moment of pride. That's my boy -better make that a man now- Jordan. We are very proud of how well he has made his way through adversity and performed all of his duties in an exemplary manner. He is in the best shape of his life, and full of confidence without arrogance. He now knows what he is capable of and, I am happy to say, appreciates his family all the more!

All together: Bubby, Babygirl, The Bear, and Mom

The Bear and his all too proud Dad!

DAD!!! Not in front of all the guys!

Goodbyes are the hardest part...

He is heading out to Arizona (and arrived safely), where he will continue training at his AIT, (Advanced Individual Training). It is four and a half months of intensive coursework in addition to the Army's new doctrinal approach to combat readiness. In other words, the college campus atmosphere of AIT is no more! It's Afghanistan-centric with constant simulations and readiness training.

We were all pleased as punch to be able to spend time with him and I've decided to surprise Mom and Bubby with tickets to Arizona in a couple of months so they can go see the Bear, and the Sonoran desert of Arizona.

All in all it has been a great experience for the Bear, and a he is now more of a role model to his brother and other young men than he has ever been. I can't express the pride we feel as parents.

Now, maybe we can get him to clean his room a little better...

All the best my friends!

Albert

7 comments:

me said...

Great American Family moment, Albert.

Thank you for sharing.

Z@X said...

Very touching event. You have a beauutiful family. Best wishes, Bear!

SimplyOutdoors said...

Congratulations Albert on raising such a fine son. God bless him and your family. You must be so proud!

And thank you to your son for helping to protect all the rest of us, and allowing us to do what we do.

Borepatch said...

Congratulations, Albert - you must be so proud you're fixin' to bust!

Every time I see this sort of thing, I think "New Greatest Generation". Well some of them (like your son), anyway.

Albert A Rasch said...

My friends,

Thank you all from the very bottom of my heart! It really is tough to let go, I never imagined it would be this wonderful and worrisome at the same time.

My deal with him is that he can go to war when he gets his commission. As an officer he has the right to decide his own fate, but while he is an enlisted man I still retain the right to dictate certain things.

He now has phone privileges so he is giving that phone we bought hm a workout! That's ok, we don't mind the calls.

Best regards,
Albert

RKL said...

Congratulations, you have a great son and family. I wish the best for you and yours.

RKL

Sigboy said...

Another brave soldier, amen. But one thing popped out at me. Look he has a black beret, just like you did, only different!

sorry, I couldn't contain myself.