Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Amazon

A fellow Blogger, Todd Hill, ( Primitive Point ) has graciously forwarded a couple of adventures from his time in the Amazon. It has always been fascinating when I have had the opportunity to be with indigenous peoples to observe their incredible skills.

I made the comment to Todd that many years ago, when I was on the northern border of Costa Rica, the uncanny skill the children had with nothing more than a one inch round river stone. If a fowl or iguana was sighted, the kids unerringly launched a stone that would knock the creatures head almost off. Meal collected they went on their merry way doing what all kids do: looking to get into something.

I have asked Todd to consider putting together a series of stories from his time in the rain forests. I know that there are bound to be fascinating annecdotes that we would all love to hear and learn!

Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Hunt Continues...

No comments: