Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cowboy Cookies at Lakewood Ranch

© 2009 Albert A Rasch


First batch out of the oven!

Not too shabby for my first try at making cookies!

After reading Miss Jamie's post Cowboy Cookies, I got a hankering to make me some of those cookies. I asked the Bear to go fetch me a box of rolled oats and baking powder at the supermarket. We had everything else in the pantry.

First batch, they are really gooey at this stage.

I followed Miss Jamie's directions and ended up with a batch of beautiful cookies. One thing, make the dough balls a little smaller than a ping-pong ball, or a little bigger than a red eared slider's egg, the cookies are more reasonably sized.

By the time I took this picture I had eaten two of them. Sorry.

Raisin oatmeal on left, and chocolate chip, raisin, oatmeal on right.

Easy enough to do, keep an eye on the time, and you are good to go!

Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Hunt Continues...

5 comments:

Jamie Woodward said...

I'm so happy they turned out well.
Congrats on the first batch!
:)

Albert A Rasch said...

Thank You Miss Jamie!

Your a good tutorial writer!

Albert

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Is there no end to your talents Albert?
They look very good
SBW

Albert A Rasch said...

They taste awesome!

Next batch is going to get some honey in too! And I'm going to make just raisin oatmeal ones, and apricot oatmeal.

Oh, and BTW when it says grease the pan, that means use butter, not Mobil bearing grease. Don't ask.


Miss Jamie has a bread one up today that I'm going to try this evening. I need a stone of some sort to put it on. There must be something in my garage I can use.

Maybe a piece of the sidewalk.

Albert

Anonymous said...

I'm not fond of raisins, but oatmeal chocolate chip are right up my alley.

Those are some beautiful cookies Albert. You did well.