Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Range Reviews: WR Case Ridgeback Knives

© 2009 Albert A Rasch

The fine folks at WR Case and Sons were kind enough to forward several of their knives for me to field test and review.

The Ridgeback series are skinners made for the hunter, as are the Rosewood Hunters.

I have not had the opportunity to put them through their paces yet. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a hog to skin out and butcher. But I have plans to get out and do that as soon as I can.

In the meantime I thought I would share pictures of them with you.

Ridgeback Hunter Swept Skinner Blade


Ridgeback Hunter Drop Point Blade


Rosewood Hunter Drop Point Blade


Rosewood Hunter Clip Point

I am looking forward to using these knives. They are of moderate size, well designed, and very attractive. As soon as I can get a hog or two, you will be the first to know and learn how these worked out!

Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Hunt Continues...

6 comments:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

I'd never heard of the WR Case brand before, they are really nice looking. The Rosewood Hunter Drop Point looks like a big brother to the BTK&T Micro Canadian which is a great toy/desk ornament but a little under handled for serious work. That little Damascus folder they do is quite the gentlemen's pocket knife. Tempted? Me! Never!!
SBW

The Suburban Bushwacker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those look to be like some very nice knives. I have been in the market for one that I can take in the field with me so I look forward to hearing how they work out.

mdmnm said...

SB- Case is an old brand over here in the US, particularly well known for their pocket folders.

Albert- are these knives American made?

Albert A Rasch said...

mdmnm,

Since 1889!

Regards,
Albert

mdmnm said...

Good to hear. I wasn't sure if production had moved off shore. The Schrade mini-trapper used to be my favorite pocket knife- inexpensive, sharp and handy- until that company went away (as I discovered when I went to replace my second mini-trapper). I'll have to look at getting a Case.