Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Outdoor Bloggers Summit: The Florida Extravaganza!

© By Albert A Rasch 2008

Well, the more I thought about it, the better it sounded!


Why not have a local Outdoor Bloggers Summit Extravaganza right here in sunny Florida?


The nation's travails, being what they are, have put a crimp in just about everyone's life. But I got to thinking, if the Florida Bloggers would like to get together for a day of family friendly fun and frolic, it could be just like a mini vacation or day trip! What I am advocating is a get-together where we could all sit down for a while and discuss matters of blogging, (Perhaps a guest can be lined up!), and then we could break up into loose groups. Folks that want to talk blogging or writing can do that, folks that want to fish go and wet lines, if you just want to soak up the sun, well go and have at it!

First thing I would like to know is how many are interested. Quite frankly if there is just one other Florida blogger interested, that's good enough for me. But as they say, the more the merrier.

Location would be the next question. Depending on where the majority of the folks are would determine where we could hold it. Some are more willing to travel than others, so that needs to be taken into account. In addition the venue has to be considered. I think that we really need an "Outdoor" venue like a state or national park, preferably one with charcoal grills. But that's just my preference. Here is an idea: Fort Desoto Park



If you have any ideas please share them; I'm willing to organize it, try to get a guest of some sort to attend, and overall do what I can to help as many people attend.

If anyone is interested email me at TheRaschOutdoorChronicles@msn.com



Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Hunt Continues...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that people are interested in creating these regional meetings. I'd love to come to Florida, but it's a bit far from Michigan. Still, who knows what could happen.

Jeff Hunt said...

We are originally from central Florida and still go down all of the time to visit family. I would definitely try to make either a meeting in MS with Rex or in FL with you if a regional meeting was planned at one of those locations.
My blogs are The Skinning Shed at www.cypresscreekhunting.com/blog and LowcountryHunting at www.lowcountryhunting.com
And I enjoyed your story about being a college DJ; I too was one and it was a great experience...
Jeff

Albert A Rasch said...

Thanks Jeff,

Those were the days!

I'll keep you posted as to the details as they come up. Kristine will be centralizing the the regionals on the new platform. In the mean time I'm trying to come up with a program for the get together. Just a family friendly, how ya doin', thing. Im shooting for a guest of some sort, but more on that as this thing takes shape.

Regards,
Albert A Rasch

Anonymous said...

I usually do a wintertime Florida trip, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that I would want to attend your meeting (if you don't mind having an Old Dominion blogger in your midst.) Perhaps I could hold my regional meetin later and model it on yours.

Keep me posted on the details.

Matt
outdoorblogger@verizon.net

Albert A Rasch said...

You Betcha Matt!

Albert

Dick said...

Albert,
Did anything come of getting together? I am in Panama City.